We live in a time when children choose to stay inside the house and spend time with their computers or smartphones. Playing in the garden keeps your child healthy by keeping his body and metabolism active. It also reduces chances of obesity. Playing will make your child sweat (sweating expels toxins), burn calories and encourage him to eat healthy. Here are some ways that will help you to encourage your child to play in the garden:
1. Reward your child: Rewarding your child with a treat every time he comes back from the garden will encourage him. When he returns home after playing, your child will feel hungry. Make sure to feed him with something delicious yet healthy so that he looks forward to this meal every day. This will turn into an everyday routine.
2. Make outdoor games fun: Think about your granny’s days. What games did they play? Your child will not believe that those games were so much fun. Bring back the old outdoor games to your child’s life and see how he enjoys!
3. Get a pet: You’ll be surprised to see how your child would love to be in the garden all the time as soon as you get a pet. The pet can be a cat, dog, rabbit or even a little hamster.
4. Keep the grass manicured: One of the biggest things that discourages a child from playing outside is a garden with an untrimmed lawn. Long grass and weed infests the garden with mosquitoes and other insects which may irritate your child’s skin. Call Mr Scott’s Maintenance for mowing your lawn so that your child can play in an insect free garden.
5. Maintain your garden: If you want your child to play outside, the garden must look appealing to him. You can make the garden look great to your child very easily. Call Mr Scott’s Maintenance for garden maintenance services, we can also give you helpful advices in case you are not sure about what to do.
The garden maintenance services offered by Mr Scott’s Maintenance on the Gold Coast and in northern New South Wales includes: landscaping paths to create a new and smart walkway through your garden, paving stones laid and much more.
Call Mr Scott: 0459 153 085 For a Fast Quote OR Email