Your Spring Maintenance Checklist
As we pass from winter into summer, it’s the perfect time to make the most of the mild weather to get your home in shape. Regular home maintenance is important to maintain your property value – here are some key areas we suggest are worth a look:
- Check the weather stripping around doors and window frames is fully sealed, and replace if necessary. This will reduce your energy consumption; keeping cool air in, and warm air out, so your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard.
- If you don’t use air conditioning and prefer to leave doors and windows open, check your window screens for damage. Replace those as well if necessary, to keep out flies and mozzies.
- Inspect, and if needed re-do, caulking around windows to increase energy efficiency.
- Take a look at wooden decks, windowsills and railings. You may need to repair or replace damaged or rotten wood, and touch up paint, stain or wood finish. If you stain or reseal every year or two outdoor structures will last longer and in better condition.
- Cut and trim plants and bushes to spruce up your landscape and prevent damage from branches contacting your home.
- Use high pressure cleaning on the driveway, walkways, patios and decks.
Let Mr Scott Help
Mr Scott is a fully qualified tradie with 10 years of experience servicing the Gold Coast and Northern NSW. Mr Scott can help with:
… and much more.
Call Mr Scott on 0459 153 085 for a fast quote or contact us here.